I think that there are fundamental similarities found in all of us. And one may ask So What? I reply that knowing our similarities and embracing our humanity, is in itself the best part of being human, and I believe that there are things we all share in common. Although I can’t pinpoint all of these things I can at least identify some…
- We all will fall in love at least once.
- We all will lose a loved one.
- We all will have to support ourselves or will have someone supporting us. Nevertheless, income matters.
- We all will have to make at least one last-minute decision that will affect the rest of our lives.
- We all ponder our past, present, and future to try to put the pieces together. We do this with our own lives and the lives of others.
- We all look at who our primary care-givers were as guidance of what we will or will not be like as we get older.
- We all hold our love in when we sense someone could possibly hurt us.
- And just to state the obvious, we all go to sleep and we all wake up in the mornings.
I think it is important for us not to forget what we have in common, since a lot of the times it is our “differences” that stick out the most.